We’re throwing a party tomorrow, and I leave for Mexico on Sunday and don’t know exactly if/when I’ll return to San Diego before heading to Italy, so of course my to-do list is a mile long. Naturally, I’m getting a jump start procrastinating by accepting a tag challenge by Sands at Everyday Musings (amazing, must-read blog, by the way…). The tag is called “My Sins Against Gender-Stereotypes”, and although I’m obviously not very talented at this list-making thing (see sentence above), I’ll give it a try…
1. I went to college halfway around the world while many of my friends in Mexico were getting married and settling down next door to their parents.
2. I despise wearing make-up, reading about make-up, buying make-up, or talking about make-up.
3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE me a stick-shift vehicle and have been known to drag race my brother (I miss my souped-up Peugeot 206 soooo much…)
4. Beer is my favorite alcoholic beverage and I must drink it straight from the bottle.
5. I can change a tire on a car or bike.
6. I drink my coffee black and I can’t understand why anyone would put whipped cream and caramel in their coffee.
7. I’ve held my own while working in an all-male restaurant kitchen.
8. I have a black belt in karate.
9. I rock climb and scuba dive.
10. I’m perfectly happy camping in the wilderness and… well… Let’s just say I don’t need a bathroom. 🙂 (I knew a girl who brought along one of these when she went camping. I’m serious.)
I would tag 12 readers, but I just realized how much stuff I have to do today, so I’m going to send out a mass shout-out to anyone who’s interested in taking up this challenge (read: I’m lazy and can’t be bothered to look up blog addresses and set up the links). Knock yourselves out!